Saturday, May 26, 2007

Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Seattle. I took the day off, and we went to see the Olympic Sculpture Park just north of downtown. Wow, what a cool place. I've been wanting to go there ever since it opened. It's hard to believe we have such a beautiful place right at the edge of downtown Seattle and it's free to enjoy.

Walter had a good time too. After all, it was a great day to be outside enjoying the sights and sounds of Seattle. He's not so into the modern sculptures, but he had his favorites. He liked the Typewriter Eraser best. That is one of my favorites too along with the Eagle.

I think what I enjoyed the most is how the art interrelates with its surroundings - the park, the downtown buildings, Elliott Bay, nearby Space Needle, cruise ships, Mt. Rainier, everything. If you haven't been to the Sculpture Park yet I highly recommend a visit. I took tons of photos which you can see on Webshots here. Just click the photos to enlarge and use the Next and Prev links to move through the album.

I also took some video footage and put together a small movie to commemorate our visit. Runtime is about 3 1/2 minutes. If you look at the Webshots photos please note the movie at the end of the album is the same one embedded here. Enjoy.



Olympic Sculpture Park

No comments: