Sunday, May 13, 2007

Filipino Snacks

My sister Petra and her husband Obet recently returned from a one-month visit to the Philippines. They spent time visiting family and also taking in some of the historical buildings and churches in Manila. I was pleasantly surprised on Wednesday to receive a call from Petra. She asked if she could come to my office and bring some things that she brought back with her.

It was Petra's first visit to my office building and it was fun to show her the view and have her visit my little office. She brought me a wonderful assortment of goodies one can only find in the Philippines - cookies, candy, dried fruits, quite an array of treats. Someday maybe Walter and I can visit the Philippines. In the meantime I always enjoy the treats Petra and Obet bring from there. Thank you Petra and Obet!

No comments: