Friday, May 11, 2007

Flip Chart Humor

Happy Friday everyone. Last night was Lawyerpalooza and it was a really fun time. In the next couple of days I will have some pictures and maybe a little video for you.

Recently I was reading some blogs on the topic of giving presentations. There seems to be a whole movement these days away from traditional PowerPoints with all the words on the screen. It's too hard for people to try and read a bunch of stuff on the screen while also trying to absorb the words you, the speaker, are saying. So the current advice given is toward less words and possibly more or better graphics.

Going even further, some people advocate a return to using flip charts as one's visual aid. In fact there are whole web sites on the topic of how to give an effective presentation using flip charts. While reading on this topic I came across a video that gave me quite a chuckle. I wanted to share it with you here. I hope it gives you a laugh as well. There's a little bit of crude language, but not too bad. The comic is Demetri Martin and his presentation is called "Material Enhancers." Runtime is about 6-1/2 minutes.

No comments: