Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Special Gifts?

Did everyone enjoy Christmas? I don't know about you, but I'm kinda pooped from all the activity! We had a busy but great couple of days.

I hope Santa Claus was good to you. Of course Christmas is not just about the gifts, but sometimes they can be pretty fun.

I enjoyed one thing that was probably not intended as a present, but I received it as one - my husband in a very jolly mood! It's harder for me to be all stressed and grouchy when hubby is happy happy happy and enjoying Christmas like a kid. Thank you dear!

I also received a very fun gift from my mother-in-law. It's a fancy digital photo frame. Something like the one at this link.

Have you ever seen a digital photo frame? It's a nice frame (mine is 5x7 size) you can put on a table top or hang on the wall. But the back contains electronics that let you load in a bunch of digital pictures and it alternates showing the photos like you would see a slide show on your computer. You can set it for how frequently the photos should change, etc. This one is supposed to play music and videos too if you want.

I haven't had a chance to open it up and play with my new toy yet, but hopefully will have a chance to do that soon. Then I will tell you more about it.

Of course giving gifts can be even more fun than receiving sometimes. For example, we got my mother a silver heart-shaped locket with a promise to provide a photo of my dad to go inside the next time we visit. She loved it.

How about you - did you give or receive any special gifts? If so, don't be shy, tell us about them in the comments!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Well, okay: my stepmum made me a cobalt beaded changepurse with a maple leaf charm and included a shiny Canadian quarter. I thought that was splendid!

My friends came through for me as always, but handmade gifts I am especially happy to receive.

Anonymous said...

I got a great sweater, a weather indicator, and a couple of great books. Best of all, I think, is getting to visit my folks in TN.

Anonymous said...

Well, Carm, I got so many great gifts, it's hard to choose just one. I'm really excited about my new high chair, plus I got lots of toys. I love the new coloring table for my room. My mom says her favorite gift was watching me roll over. love, Elliott