Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mom's Leg / Neighbor Helps Again

My mother is having a problem with a wound on her leg. Unfortunately we don't have any idea how she got the injury in the first place. It looks sort of like a burn, but she wasn't close enough to anything that hot.

I first learned about her wound last Thursday when she told me my brother-in-law said I should look at it. I looked, and was alarmed because it didn't look good to me. I called her doctor's office Friday and from the description they said she should be seen the next day. I took her to a walk-in clinic on Saturday where we learned that the wound was indeed infected. They gave her antibiotics and her wonderful neighbor Susan is cleaning and changing the dressing daily.

I looked at it yesterday, and I'm just not sure if it's getting better or worse. It's a good thing I didn't go into medicine. The walk-in clinic doctor had said she should have a follow-up visit this week anyway, so I made her an appointment for tomorrow morning. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully we can get this thing healed up like it never happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get your Mom to the walk in clinic on Saturday. It's not a burn, huh?! It is sure wonderful to be blessed with such great neighbors as your Mom has!

I will certainly pray for her complete recovery from this injury/infection.

Colette