Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Power Is Back

I have really great news. My Mom finally had power restored to her house! She lost her power on Wednesday evening during this area's big windstorm. Mom has been staying with my friend Sue for three nights waiting for the electricity to be turned back on.

Sue took Mom home about 11:30 today so she could get a few things done this afternoon, with the plan that if the power did not return she would pick her back up after work and take her back to her house again. But when they got to Mom's house the power was on and the house was warm inside. Yay!! I'm sure they both danced a jig of joy.

Clay and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Sue who took my mother into her home in her time of need. It was such a relief to know that Mom was warm and safe with Sue. Sue is accustomed to living alone, and I'm sure she had to make adjustments in her lifestyle to accommodate Mom. We really appreciate it. Thank you Sue!!

No comments: