Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Slow and Steady Progress

When Mom went home from the rehab facility I stayed with her the first 24 hours to watch and make sure she would be okay on her own. I was a little nervous to leave her there alone. But from the time I saw her on Saturday until Monday I noticed she was markedly improved including getting back some of her old stamina. I think it is just a matter of time before she will be back to her old self.

Her rib still has some time to go to heal fully. She won't be alone much as she will be visited by all sorts of home care people - nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and bath aides.

I'm still a bit worried about her weight loss. She asked to be weighed when she got home and we found she was down to 103 pounds. She agrees that it would be better if she were about 115 pounds and wants to gain the weight back. I think her stomach shrunk while she was away from home though. She's trying to eat more but so far having only small successes.

She is feeling better, however, and hopefully she will get a little more of her strength back each day.

No comments: