Friday, September 07, 2007

Rainbow of Hope

Tuesday was another one of those long days spent in Olympia visiting Mom and looking after things at her house. Before we headed home we stopped to get a bite to eat at the Sizzler. It was a warm, muggy kind of day with some clouds coming in.

When we came out of the restaurant we found it was sprinkling just a little bit, the first time that day. As we walked towards the car I looked up and saw a beautiful rainbow against the darkened sky. Soon I noticed it was a double rainbow with a faint glimmer of a second shadow rainbow mirroring the first at least near the ground.

When my eyes followed the strongest hued rainbow up, I discovered that it was visible all the way up and back down again - horizon to horizon. Just beautiful. Of course I had to grab my camera and get some pictures. You can see the double effect in the photo above.

Of course the whole rainbow was too large to capture in one frame of my camera, so I had to use the video option to show it all to you. The clip below is about 20 seconds. Walter and I both really enjoyed this bright spot in the sky. The rainbow is a symbol of hope after all, is it not?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been a very special moment when you spotted the double rainbow! I remember how excited Dick and I were when we saw a double rainbow together. But for you, especially at this time, the blessing multiplied I'm sure!!

The rainbow is actually a symbol of promise. Promise can bring hope, though, so hold onto the promises and hope of God, Carm! :-)

Love,

Colette