Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Friday Is Going Home Day for Mom

We were originally told Mom's discharge date from rehab would probably be this coming Friday the 14th and that they would have a more accurate idea on Friday the 7th. So I called her social worker late in the afternoon on the 7th. He had left for the day and I was impatient for the information so I talked to a nurse. She told me it looked like Mom would go home on Thursday the 13th.

Unfortunately I Mom it would be Thursday and she got her heart set on it. Yesterday I found out from the social worker that the discharge date is still Friday. The nurse must not have had all the information correct in front of her. Mom was pretty disappointed when I had to tell her she wouldn't be going home until Friday. I hope she doesn't get too discouraged.

She is really looking forward to her homecoming and has given me a list of groceries to get for her house. She hasn't been eating much in the rehab place saying "I'll eat better when I get home!" I think it's her way of rebelling against having to be where she doesn't want to be. The woman is getting entirely too thin. It's a good sign that she's getting cravings for some of her favorite foods like pie, hot dogs and string cheese.

Hang in there Mom, it's just a few more days!

No comments: