Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Good Eatin' at Northgate

We in the Northgate area have endured a lot of construction at the mall and the surrounding area recently. I think the construction will continue for quite some time to come, but one payoff has already come to fruition.

Four new restaurants have opened at the mall in the last month with one more to come. Walter and I visited one the other night - Panera Bread. They of course specialize in artisan breads and they have great soups and salads. We had never been to a Panera before and were favorably impressed with their BBQ Chicken and Roasted Wild Mushroom Crispanis. We look forward to returning many times to sample additional items on their menu.

The other new restaurants at Northgate which are already open are Blue Fin Sushi and Seafood, the Ram Restaurant and Brewery and Stanford's Restaurant and Bar. My friend Colette visited Stanford's recently and gave it a thumbs up.

Walter and I plan to try all of these new eateries. And we're really looking forward to the opening of Romano's Macaroni Grill which is almost ready too. I hope the Northgate area can support so many new restaurants without any of the old ones closing.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I wonder if the Berkshire Grill is going to make it. I used to enjoy going there for breakfast but they ceased their early morning menu earlier in the year.

I think our neighbourhood could really use a family breakfast place that's within walking distance. Meanwhile we have four Starbucks outlets within a mile...