Sunday, January 21, 2007

Blog Upgrade

I mentioned previously that I would eventually need to do an upgrade on this site. I finally decided to stop procrastinating and dig in. I'm happy to report that the upgrade is complete and I am pleased with the results.

For the most part, Cozzie's Corner should look very much the same to you. I made a couple minor changes over on the right hand side. Do you remember that Flickr badge that rotated a set of photos and postcards? That was a cool idea I suppose, but eventually it just got too distracting. So I removed that and added links to my Flickr picture sets and also to my Webshots photo albums.

You may also notice that the archives list looks slightly different. You can click those little arrows to expand and collapse the lists of posts for each year and month.

My favorite change, though, is the addition of the labels feature. If you look at the bottom of this post, and at the bottom of each post on this page you will see that there is a label (category) or two assigned to each post. If you scroll down past the archives list on the right-hand sidebar you will see a list of all the labels I have used and how many posts are assigned to each label. If you click one of those labels you will see a list of all posts labeled in that category. Pretty cool, huh?

Going back and labeling 195 posts would take quite some time. So for now I just did the last 25 posts and then went back and labeled a few here and there of the older ones. For example, I labeled all the posts relating to Walter's eye surgery as "eye report." That's so it's easy for me to find all those posts. I will try to go through and label a few more posts each weekend until everything is labeled.

I thought about changing the template - the look and colors - of the blog, but decided against it for now. I may revisit that idea later - perhaps when the blog celebrates its 2nd anniversary in October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The revised blog site is very nice. I like the labels idea and am glad you decided not to change the color and other features that have become familiar and fond sights to us! :-)

That's one thing off your list of things to do, right?! I know, I know, you still have the past entries to label...just wanted to give you some encouragement! Keep up the Great Work, Carm!!

Colette