Saturday, January 06, 2007

Who's Walter?

When I first started this blog, my husband was nervous about privacy issues. So nervous in fact that he asked me not to use his first name. Well I tried that, and I couldn't do it. I didn't like saying "my hubby this" or "my husband that." To me it sounded like I didn't know my own husband's name.

So I proposed a compromise with him. You see, my husband goes by two different names. His first name is Walter, his middle name is Clay. While growing up in the South his family always called him Clay. When he became an adult and went out on his own, he decided to start using the name Walter. That's how I know him - as Walter. Once in a while I call him Walter Clay. Our friends also know him as Walter. But his family still calls him Clay. I asked him if I could refer to him as Clay on the blog, and he agreed to that. That's why some of you who know me might wonder why I say Clay on the blog when I'm talking about Walter.

It has been more than a year since I've started the blog now, and I have convinced Walter that it would be a good thing to call him here by the name I know him - Walter. In future posts I will do just that. I didn't want anyone to be confused and think I have two husbands. There is only one Walter Clay. :)

No comments: