Saturday, January 06, 2007

Zoolights on New Years Eve

The last few days have been pretty crazy, so I'm a little behind on my posts. On New Years Eve Walter and I went to Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma to see Zoolights.

Zoolights is a dazzling light display they do at Pt. Defiance every Christmas season. I think we went the first or second year they did it (19 years ago) and have been several times since. I highly recommend it. Of course it's especially fun with little kids, but even as adults we just love it.

This year's display included a large rainbow, a representation of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, some spectacularly lit trees, and to go with the zoo theme many animal scenes - both static and animated.

I took a bunch of pictures including the one above. If you would like to see more, click on the photo for a slide show. By the way, depending on your screen resolution you may find it easier to see everything on your screen if you press F11 for full screen. I know that helps for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the ZooLights were great! And lots of them, wow! That must be quite a project to put the entire show together!! 'Will have to find a little (or a big) kid to take to this beautiful event next year. :-)

Colette