Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow and Ice

We've been having some uncharacteristically cold and wintry weather here in Seattle. As I recall it started with yet another blustery windstorm with a little rain, then the temperatures dropped.

Here is a photo Walter took looking down the street from our apartment complex. This was taken on Wednesday - the day the snow began. There was more snow the next day, but not too much. I think we had just about an inch total.

The temperatures dropped quickly though and all the snow we got compacted into ice and is still with us.

In the City of Seattle it dropped to 19 degrees last night. As I write this it is 29 degrees and that was the high for the day. There have been more snow flurries today, but so far as I know nothing appreciably adding to what's on the ground.

Since I have to drive to Olympia in a couple days I'm glad there is no prediction for a big dumping of snow. In fact it's supposed to start warming up.

I hope you are keeping warm out there. Remember - dress in layers!!

No comments: