Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Flags for Ford

Tuesday, January 2nd was a day of mourning for Gerald Ford, our 38th president who passed away December 27th at age 93. As is this country's custom, flags were flown at half mast in remembrance.

On the morning of the 2nd I went out for my first walk of the new year. I had recently discovered that I could take videos with my camera and post them here to this blog. We had a storm coming in that day, and the morning was quite blustery so flags were flying in the wind. On my walk I go by the North Precinct of Seattle's Police Department. There I stopped to take note of the flags flying at half mast. I thought it would be nice to post a brief video of it here. So I went back home to get my camera.

When I take photos with my camera it is not uncommon for me to turn the camera sideways if it's more a vertical image than a horizontal one that I want to capture. So that's what I did - I turned my camera sideways and took the video. Imagine my dismay when I transferred the video to my computer and I had to tilt my head in order to view the sideways video!

Turning a video is not as easy as turning a photo. But I looked up instructions on the internet and figured out how to rotate my little movie. If I was stuck with a sideways movie I would have posted it anyway, as I know President Ford was a forgiving man. :) But that was not necessary.

Here is my 10 second video of the flags flying at half mast for Gerald Ford. Rest in peace, Mr. President.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming quite the technology whiz, Carm! Great job taking and turning the video!! :-)

Colette

The Coz said...

Thanks Colette! I didn't feel like such a "whiz" when I looked at that video and had to do a head tilt, but I'm glad it was easily remedied. :)

Carm