Thursday, July 26, 2007

Get Your Stuff Back

Have you ever lost your cell phone? Do you worry about losing your laptop, your keys, or digital camera? The folks at Stuffbak.com have a solution.

I learned about Stuffbak from another blogger who loves the service. Basically Stuffbak sells you labels to put on all your electronic and valuable gear. You can get the labels in a wide range of sizes suitable for laptops, USB sticks, tags for key rings or luggage, etc. The labels list Stuffbak's phone number and web address and offer a reward if found. So what's the reward? Well if you lose something you can log into your Stuffbak account and offer a reward amount, but it's not required. At the very least the "finder" of a labeled item will receive $20 in label product from Stuffbak.

If you lose something and someone reports it, Stuffbak coordinates getting your stuff back to you, usually by shipping. Your personal information (address, phone number) are kept private unless you decide to share them.

There are a lot of honest people in the world who would love to return something valuable they find, but they usually don't know how to find the owner. Stuffbak boasts a 75 percent return rate and the labels are quite affordable - about $6 each. To learn all the particulars I recommend you read their FAQ page.

I have several friends who have misplaced cell phones and digital cameras. I would be pretty upset if I lost something with a lot of personal data or something that cost me a few hundred dollars. I'm going to order up some labels for Walter and me. You may want to look into it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great information to have!!! Your blog entries so frequently contain helpful and useful tidbits for life!! I like that. :-)

Colette