Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bit of a Heat Wave

It's been a hot few days in Seattle. Today we officially hit 97 degrees and Olympia hit 99. Those were both records for the day. Current temperature as I write this - 96.

It's days like this that I feel fortunate to work in an air-conditioned office. Unfortunately we don't have air conditioning in our apartment. Walter spent some time over at the mall today staying cool.

I hope you all are staying comfortable in the hot weather. If you need some "keep cool" tips I found some good ones in this article from Real Simple Magazine.

Tomorrow the trend should reverse and we will be back down in the mid-80's for highs. Stay cool everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your picture of the sun was an excellent portrayal of what the heat of the sun felt like today! I was glad to have a 5 hour shift at Curves too because the club is always kept at cool temp's!

My living room has cooled down to 84 degrees at 10:15 p.m.! 'Will work on that keeping cool stuff though...so glad tomorrow will ONLY be in the 80's!

Colette

The Coz said...

Yikes, Colette, that's one hot house! I think our apartment was a little cooler than that. It's so hard to get to sleep when it's hot like that. Thankfully today is cooler. Let's hope it's a trend. :)