Monday, June 25, 2007

Nikka's First Dance Recital

My little friend Nikka (age 5) had her first dance recital yesterday evening. Walter and I went and had a great time. The program was two full hours with dancers of various ages and abilities. This area has some very talented young people.

Nikka's group was among the youngest and they performed two numbers: "High Hopes" and "Happy Feet." She did a fabulous job!

It was difficult to take photos because I wasn't allowed to use flash and all the dancers were moving so quickly, but I managed to get a couple. Nikka is in the front center of this picture - she's the tiniest one.

At the end of the recital they had some of the girls' fathers do a "Dancing Daddies" routine. Here's a picture I got of Nikka's dad Wayne. He's the one on the left.

And last but not least, here is a very short clip of Nikka dancing in "High Hopes." Nikka is the first little girl on the left.



Nikka Dance Recital

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, they are sooo cute! I bet you and Walter DID have a good time!! :-)

Colette