Friday, June 08, 2007

It's Good to Be Sweet

This morning as I was driving to work through the usual boring freeway traffic I saw something that really caught my eye - in a good way. It was a big ole Metro bus painted in bright stripes to look like a giant roll of Lifesavers! In fact, it was a giant rolling Life Savers ad.

I did a double take and gave a big smile when I first saw it. Then it pulled in front of my car and I saw the back end of it as you see here. "It's good to be sweet." How true!! Of course I quickly pulled the camera out of my purse and nabbed this shot through the windshield.

Of course the boldness of the happy stripes were more evident from the side, but that shot proved a bit trickier. I held out my camera at arm's length and snapped a picture as the bus was exiting the freeway. As you can see I barely caught a glimpse, but you can get the general idea.

It's not often that I look at a Metro bus and think "yummy!" It was a happy way to start my Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They really are getting quite fancy with their Metro bus advertising these days aren't they!

I'm glad it made you smile and I'm glad you got a picture of it to share, BUT...is that safe driving and being a photographer at the same time?! If it'd been me, I probably would have ended up with some of those pretty stripes on the front end of my vehicle's paint job, ha!

Colette

Christina said...

My favourite LifeSavers ad panel for the bus says "I don't have to drag race other buses to prove my manhood."