Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Little Sleep Deprivation

I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. Sometimes when we are running a sleep deficit we do some dumb things. This morning while getting ready for work I decided to clean a piece of jewelry. I have a little jar of cleaning solution for that - basically the cleaner is an acid.

So here I am with my vat of acid and a necklace. I put the necklace inside but the level of the cleaner had gone down to where the necklace was not totally immersed in the acid. No problem, I just used my finger to poke the necklace down into the acid - of course immersing my finger in the liquid at the same time.

That's usually fine so long as I wash my hands before I rub my eye or something. But this time I forgot ... I had a paper cut on that finger. A paper cut I got the day before because I wasn't careful enough due to lack of sleep. Can you say OW?! At least the sink was nearby and I was able to quickly rinse away the acid.

I need to get more sleep.

No comments: