Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Don't Get Crabby

Did everybody out there have a good Father's Day? I hope you got a chance to enjoy family and/or friends and to honor a special father in your life.

I would like to dedicate this post to my own father who is no longer with us but remains a strong presence and influence, especially when our family gets together and also to Obet and Boyboy - the two fathers with whom we celebrated on Sunday.

One of our favorite places to eat is also a place my Dad loved - the Main Chinese Buffet in Lacey. Most of us take after Dad and that means we love seafood - especially crab legs!!

My Dad had a favorite saying whenever eating crab:

If you eat too much crab ... it will make you crabby!!

Then he would laugh and proceed to stuff his face with crab. So guess what we did on Sunday? We went to the buffet and stuffed our faces with crab.

I got a few fun pictures of the event which you will find here. And below are a couple very short but fun videos. As you will see, lots of crab and other yummy things were consumed and we all had a good time.

By the way, I'm working on improving my jerky video technique. And if you are looking for Walter he was sitting directly to my left and I'm afraid I didn't capture him on film this time. Sorry Walter!

The people seated around the table starting across the table from me left to right and going around clockwise are: Brother-in-law Obet and sister Pitas; niece Pam; nephew Charlie (the recent graduate); nephew Boyboy; my Mom; and sister Jozi seated to my right.

I hope you all had as much fun celebrating as we did. Happy Father's Day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is clear to see that much crab was enjoyed by all! I thought the video clips were great, as were the still shots.

It was neat to see your Mom having such a good time with the family being together. :-)

Colette