Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow and Ice in Seattle

We've been having some non-typical weather in Seattle. The last two or three days we've seen a couple inches of snow in our neighborhood and definitely some ice as temperatures dip colder than normal. It was 21 degrees as I waited for the bus this morning and tonight temps are supposed to chill down into the teens in Seattle. Less than half of the staff showed up at work today because of the difficulty in commuting from outlying areas.

It is pretty, though. Here is a picture I took this morning as I waited for the bus. You can see there's a fair amount of ice on the roads and sidewalk. While I stood waiting I witnessed one car accident and one dog-walker landing on her backside thanks to the ice.

This picture was taken last night from our balcony.

If you would like to see more photos of the ice and snow (mostly taken last night) click on either photo and use the Next and Prev buttons to navigate through the pictures.

If there is ice and snow where you live my advice is to stay in if you can, and if not be very careful while out and about.

No comments: