Sunday, November 19, 2006

Autumn Sunset

Sometimes I get busy and don't look out the window often enough. This afternoon a pale yellow light caught my eye as I walked past one of the offices where I work. I looked out the window and saw what I thought was a rather pleasant sunset. Nothing striking, but quite pleasant. I went back to my office to get the camera so I could share the view with you. Then I promptly got distracted with a project and forgot about the sunset.

Several minutes later I remembered that I was supposed to be getting the camera. I thought it was probably too late, but grabbed the camera and headed back to the office window just in case. I was rewarded with a spectacular view.

I turned on the camera but before I could get the picture it told me to change the batteries. Yikes, I didn't have fresh batteries on me! So I turned the camera off and on a couple times trying to get it to cooperate. I was able to take one quick photo before it died.

The camera didn't catch the view as beautifully as it looked to my eye, but I think it came out pretty well. You can click on the photo to see it larger, and if you look closely in the lower left corner you will see a ferry boat there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Photography on dead batteries, Carm! What a beautiful shot of the sunset! You get the photographer of the month award as far as I'm concerned. :-) And, the ferry boat lights were fun to see too. Thanks for sharing with us~
Colette