Thursday, April 12, 2007

Heating Troubles at Mom's

My mother has been having an on-again off-again problem with her heating system. Yesterday we had to call repair people out again because the "fix" from about 10 days ago wasn't really fixed. My friend Sue was kind enough to meet the repairman at Mom's house yesterday afternoon. I was in Olympia getting some dental work done that afternoon so I went over there after my appointment. When I got there the heat was on and everything seemed great.

Sue left about 5:30 and I left about 5:45. At 6pm Mom's heat stopped working ... AGAIN! I called them back yet another time today and my brother-in-law Bill went to visit Mom and meet with the repairman. This time they found a wire that was broken and replaced it.

Thanks to some urging by Sue and Bill the repairmen called their office and got approval to not charge Mom for these visits. She paid over $200 for the first visit which did not solve the problem. No parts were needed for the last couple trips so they agreed it was under a 90 day repair warranty.

I am hopeful this time it will really be "fixed." I'll have to call Mom tonight to make sure.

No comments: