Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! Did you remember to wear green today?

Today I will be going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade here in Seattle for the first time. My friend and coworker Todd Zboyan and his lovely wife Wendy will be the flagbearers at the front of the parade. Wendy is from Ireland and she will be carrying the Irish flag while Todd carries the American flag. If I can get any decent pictures I will share them here on the blog.

If you attend today's parade be sure to wave to Todd and Wendy. And if you can't make it watch for them on the local news if they showcase the parade.

The parade starts at 4th & Jefferson and heads up 4th Avenue to a reviewing stand at Westlake Center. It officially ends at Seattle Center where there is an Irish Festival going on both Saturday and Sunday from noon until 6. I wish I hadn't already made plans for this weekend - I bet that would be a fun event to attend. If you are looking for something to do this weekend check out more information about the Irish Festival here.

No comments: