Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pretty Cherry Trees


Interspersed with the typical Seattle rains we have also had some beautiful days. You can tell that spring is indeed on its way. This time of year we love to see the first signs of spring in the form of flowering bulbs coming up and our favorite trees blooming. One of my favorites is the cherry tree. I admit that I cannot tell the difference between a flowering cherry and a flowering plum - they both look the same to me. But beautiful is beautiful and I get the urge to take pictures around this time of year.

A recent outing with my camera took me to the Harbor Steps near my office. I love how the beauty of the cherry (or plum) trees soften the harshness of the urban landscape. Below is a slide show of some photos I took a few days ago.

Happy Spring!



No comments: