Monday, February 26, 2007

Cancer Treatments for Genora

As I've talked about before my mother-in-law recently had a mastectomy. A few days ago she had her first appointment with an oncologist to determine what course of treatment will be necessary once she is sufficiently healed from the surgery. The verdict was a bit harsh. She must undergo chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and hormone therapy. It seems like a lot, but was not unexpected.

My sister-in-law will stay with Genora in North Carolina when she gets the first of her chemo treatments. I think that's in early April. I wish we lived closer so we could help with things like transportation back and forth for treatments. Please keep Genora in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that does sound harsh. I will pray the treatments go well and do the job with no negative side effects. Amen!

Colette