Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fashion Night Fun

A big thank you to my friend Colette, who invited me to attend a fashion show last night. Colette is a Mary Kay representative and her MK unit arranged with the Alderwood Nordstrom store for a special showing of fall fashions.

In the afternoon before the event Clay said to me "I hope you have fun tonight." Are you kidding?? We were going to play with clothes! Of course I would have fun. And the night did not disappoint.

Colette also invited me to bring a guest, so I brought along my newer friend Christina. Thank you for coming with me Christina! What a fun evening, both the show itself and the "shopping" with you.

The outfit shown here was just one of many they displayed for us. That's a velvet bolero style jacket with bell sleeves over a lace tank. Would I wear something like this? You betcha. But what wouldn't have occurred to me is what they did - paired it with jeans! Pretty fancy jeans of course, but jeans nonetheless.

Some of the trends they showed us were:
  • Menswear Inspired: Plaids, vests, trousers, white blouse, tweeds
  • Cozy Chic: Cashmere sweaters, layering turtlenecks, fine gauge wool
  • A Fine Romance: Day dresses, velvet, lace, simple details
  • Work to Weekend: Easy pieces that take you from work to weekend
  • Easy Casual: Denim, long sleeve T's, jackets, layering
Thanks to Colette, to Mary Kay, and to Nordstrom for a great evening.

2 comments:

Christina said...

That was fun. I need to diversify my wardrobe, and velvet/lace might be just the thing -- nice in winter with a strand of pearls or metallic accents.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the blog entry and plug Carm! It was our 4th annual such event. We look forward with great anticipation each fall to seeing the new fashion trends from Nordstrom! 'So glad you and Christina were able to join us. The shopping part was a blast too!!!

Colette