Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Dr. Bradley Retires

I have used the services of only one dentist for the past 33 years - Dr. Bradley in Tumwater (south of Olympia). In fact, I don't have any memories of another dentist working on my mouth although my mother tells me she took me to someone else as a young thing. Earlier this month Clay and I got a letter announcing Dr. Bradley's retirement.

You know Dr. Bradley has to be good since I drive all the way to Olympia to see him. It's not just him, but his fabulous (long-time loyal) staff who have made it worth my while to travel south. Dr. Bradley has turned over his dental business to a new dentist who will carry forward his practice. He will continue to work part-time for a few months alongside the new guy. The transition should be an easy one for us patients. All of his staff will be staying on and are enjoying working with the new dentist. Dr. Bradley used a placement service that helped him find someone good but also similar in temperament (which I would describe as kind, laid back, and patient) to take over his patients and work with his staff.

I attended Dr. Bradley's retirement party on Friday night with my mother and sister Jozi. It was a really nice celebration for Dr. B. There was good food and lots of good conversation. I took a few pictures including this one of his staff. And I even got to meet Dr. Bradley's mother! Click on the photo and then use the Next and Prev links if you would like to see more pictures from the evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with us, Carm! I recall returning to my childhood dentist in California a few times after I'd first moved to Washington so Olympia is nothing! A good childhood dentist really is worth hanging onto.

It looks like you have been with him for all but 4 years of his practice, wow! 'Seems there was a pretty good turnout at the celebration...'neat to see his mother too!

'Hope you like the new dentist as well~
Colette