Sunday, September 24, 2006

Painting Day

Yesterday my sisters and I gathered to paint the ceiling of my mother's living room. It hasn't been painted since I can remember, and there were some stains remaining from water damage that was repaired some time ago. So the paint job was long overdue.

Diega put on the primer on Friday all by herself. Wow, that was a big job. I think she was glad for some helpers to do the rest. Jozi is the homeowner amongst us and had collected some great painting supplies (tarps, roller extensions for us shorties, etc.) which made the job easier.

Here is a photo of all three of us. In the shower caps and latex gloves we look like we should be on some medical TV show.

This is Jozi "getting ready to roll."


Diega did most of the trim work, contorting into all kinds of positions to trim over some of the furniture that couldn't be moved - thanks Diega!


Even Tony suited up ready to help.


It was a long day and I think we all came away sore, but it's great to have the job done.

If you would like to see more pictures from the day, go here.

No comments: