Saturday, April 12, 2008

Susan and Pierre

My hairdresser Susan runs her business from her home in Kirkland. I went up there about a week ago for a haircut. Susan is the owner of three dogs. She has two big dogs - a big black lab and I've forgotten the breed of the other one named Chili. The newest addition to the family is a tiny little guy - a Mini Dachshund puppy named Pierre.

Pierre is so cute! He looks so funny running around the place with the other dogs who are many times his size. He is still a puppy and Susan tells me he will get to be about twice his current size but no taller. His legs don't grow, his body just gets longer and his head gets bigger. He will be about 10-11 pounds when fully grown. If I had a little dog like Pierre I would be afraid I might step on him.

Here is a picture of Susan with Pierre. It has only been in the last month or so that he has grown those funny whiskers on his face.

Here is a close-up.

It's hard to tell from those photos how little and cute he is, so I had the bright idea to take a picture of Pierre with his larger pal Cosmo. I think I took about seven photos and every one of them turned out fuzzy because they are dogs and they wouldn't stop moving! Oh well, I'm going to share this one anyway.

Too cute!

No comments: