Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mom's Violets

Spring is the time of year that little blue violets pop up in my Mom's yard under the large evergreen trees. She loves them and they are a sure sign of Spring to her.

We recently had some gardeners over to do a little work in her yard and we had them leave that side of the yard alone because she didn't want the violets disturbed.

Mom believes that the more these violets grow in her lawn the fewer dandelions there will be. As she puts it she would much rather have the violets than the dandelions. Well who wouldn't!

These photos were actually taken about a month ago but the violets are still blooming there today. It wasn't enough for Mom to look out her window and enjoy the violets from afar. She wasn't able to get out in her yard by herself when they first appeared and she's not supposed to bend over. So as soon as she had visitors from family she insisted that someone pick her a bouquet for her window. I thought I would share it with you here.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing these, C. I don't think I'd ever seen violets close up, and their fresh colour is a welcome sight for me.

Thanks also for the update. I'd been wondering what was going on in your world.

The Coz said...

Hi Christina! I'm glad you enjoyed the violets.

Yes, I've been meaning to blog before this and then I run out of time in the day. I'll try to do better!

Carm