Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Year's Eve - Meeting Niko

I'm afraid I've been slow to get things posted here on the blog. I have several posts "in my head" but I know you can't read them there. Life is busy so I'll just have to put things up as I can find time. Sorry to make you wait.

We had a very nice New Year's Eve. At least I did. Walter was pretty sick with a cold and had to stay home. My sister Pitas invited us to come to their New Year's Eve party. I knew their whole family would be there and I couldn't turn down an opportunity to go visit at least for a while. It was my first chance to meet Niko, my great-nephew (Boyboy's son).

Niko is an adorable and very well behaved 6 month old. It was great to see him, his parents, Pam, and everybody else.

Niko loves to pull himself up from a lying down position. His dad holds out two fingers, Niko grabs on, and up he goes. Of course I got it on video:



I also took quite a few pictures of the family and of Obet's Christmas lights. You can click on the photo of Niko and me above to get to the album and use the Next and Prev buttons to navigate.

No Filipino party is complete without great food. I ate just a little, wanting to go home and have dinner with Walter. Pitas and Obet were very generous and packed up "a plate" for Walter since he couldn't come with me. The plate was more than one and ended up being plenty of food for both of us to have a nice dinner when I returned home.

Thank you Pitas and Obet and family for your wonderful hospitality. It was great to see you all!

And I hope all of you had a fun New Year's Eve as well.

No comments: