Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year - Setting Goals?

This will be my last post of 2007 as I will be away from the computer tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful New Year. Please have a fun but safe celebration.

Do you set New Year resolutions? I don't know about the idea of resolutions. They sound so "all or nothing" and it's no wonder most of them fall by the wayside within a few days or weeks. But I am in favor of setting goals. The first of the year is as good a time as any to do that.

If you are looking for a place to list your goals and maybe track your progress I recommend 43Things. I've been a member there for a couple of years and I find the user community to be very helpful and supportive. You can write entries about your goals - or not. And it's fun to cheer other people on.

Just today I found another site that's great for figuring out your goals for the year keeping them in line with your values and what's important to you. It's in the form of an online workshop which took me about an hour or so to go through. I found it to be a worthwhile exercise. If you are interested go here and check it out.

What were the results of my online workshop? Well my top goal came out "declutter my home." Big surprise. :)

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Heh, you and me both.
I plan to declutter my house when I am on my 100 day break, and maybe have a driveway sale. Thanks for the Best Year Yet exercise. I'll try it at home, where I can get RealAudio to work.