Sunday, December 02, 2007

Some Crazy Weather

We are having a few days of crazy weather here in Western Washington. Yesterday it snowed. Not a lot, but it was accompanied by stronger than normal winds so the snow seemed to come down fast and furious. I couldn't grab the camera fast enough to catch it at its peak. But below is a 15 second scene of the snow falling outside the office window.

Today it has been raining a lot and tomorrow another storm is expected with heavy rains and high winds. The wind was with us some today too, and my mother's power went out. We are thankful for my friend Sue who took Mom home to spend the night with her. Mom has two doctor appointments tomorrow so we will pick her up in the morning. Hopefully the power will be back by then and will stay on.

The wild weather should make for an interesting drive to Olympia. We will probably get to see how our new car fares in fowl weather.

4 comments:

Christina said...

I'm concerned about the water in our vicinity. Are you guys holding up okay? No flooding?

The Coz said...

Hi Christina! We were fortunate - no high water worries for us. Unless you count about an inch of water in our parking garage spot. It's yucky but so many people have it worse.

I need to post a more detailed update but won't have time until at least tomorrow evening.

How about you and your family? Have you had any problems there? I hope all is well.

Carm

Christina said...

We've had some water trickling into the basement from the gutter's downspout, nothing serious but will be remedied come springtime and drier weather.

No wet/dry vac, no sandbags, no power outage. Life is good.

The Coz said...

Water trickling into the basement? I hope you didn't have anything valuable on the floor in there.

I don't know about you but I feel very fortunate when I compare my situation to all the people I hear about in the news who suffered great loss from the storm. I think I will send some $ for the relief efforts.