Monday, November 26, 2007

Visiting Diega

On Friday Walter and I took a drive up to Port Townsend to see my sister Diega. Her latest surgery had not solved her problems as quickly as hoped so she's still in the hospital. Diega seemed very happy to see us and we had a nice visit. You can see her here chatting on the phone with our sister Jozi.

Diega has been in the hospital two weeks now and she was getting pretty frustrated. But I'm happy to report that "things began moving" for the better a couple days ago and she is finally making significant progress toward recovery. Today she was thrilled to get that nasogastric tube out. She's looking forward to first a liquid diet and then being able to eat some solid food. Yay!! Keep on getting better, Diega. We're all rooting for you.

Tomorrow my mother gets a little surgery on her lower eyelid which will hopefully prevent further eye infections. I'll be with her in Olympia for a couple of days.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: