Saturday, November 10, 2007

Mom Hardly Eating

My mother has recovered from her illness but she continues to lose weight. She was last weighed at 85 pounds (38.5 kilos). Compared to most people she eats like a bird. This is a woman who earlier this year weighed 125 pounds. She was on the pain killers which caused nausea for so long she forgot how to eat like a normal person and her taste buds are all messed up.

We are trying lots of things to try to help her eat more. She told me the other day that she is not ready to give up yet because she has her girls (us daughters). She's really trying to eat more but so far is not very successful.

She goes back to the doctor tomorrow. I hope something works soon. She is so thin now she is constantly tired and spends much of her time in bed. I'm very worried about her.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Is there some medication that increases appetite she can take? When I got off one medication I gained twenty-five points within three months.