Monday, April 17, 2006

Tax Day

Well it's here again. The day we all have to file our taxes with the IRS. Did you get yours filed on time?

As usual Clay and I were late getting our information to our tax accountant. So I was not surprised when we were told that they had to file an extension on our behalf. What does surprise me is that no one at our accountant's office had time to call and let us know they were doing that!!

We took our papers to their offices on March 27. When I called on the 13th to ask about the status of our returns I was told "oh we filed an extension on that as soon as we got your stuff." Why couldn't they call us to let us know that two weeks ago??

It could be the end of May before they have time to do our return. Sounds like our accountant has more business than they can handle. It might be time to look for a new tax preparer.

No comments: