Monday, April 03, 2006

Pain

My asthma has been getting better very slowly, but still there is a lot of coughing. Last week I managed to pull a chest wall muscle while reaching to open the lock of my car's passenger door. Ouch! I didn't realize the extent of my injury until a couple of days later. I ended up in quite a lot of pain.

Every time I coughed the dull ache turned into a sharp stabbing in my chest. I can't even sleep on my back beacuse the pain is too great. I was quickly calling the nurse to find out just how much ibuprofen it was safe to take. The coughing is getting less each day though, and is pretty manageable now. The pain in my chest is still a problem but that too gets a little better each day. Soon I hope to be able to sleep on my back again.

How did this happen? One of my coworkers had a similar chest wall injury a week before mine. When I found out how he did it I thought it was funny. Until it happened to me! The lesson to be learned from this is never, ever laugh when someone else is in pain. You might just find out exactly how much pain they are in!

No comments: