Sunday, February 03, 2008

Winter Wonderland


Last Monday when I went to Olympia we woke up to some snow. Fortunately it was not enough to stop me from heading south. I understand those who live just north of us in Snohomish County got quite a bit and had lots of icy/snowy roads. But between my house and Olympia the freeway was clear and wet. I got snowed on a bit in Pierce County but not enough to affect driving.

Side roads are always more challenging than freeways though. Fortunately I had only three blocks to drive from my place before getting on the freeway. I didn't have too much trouble navigating and so was able to appreciate what a beautiful day it was. I couldn't resist stopping to take a couple pictures to share with you here. These were taken in my neighborhood just before I got on the freeway. You can click on either photo to see it a bit larger.

No comments: