Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Valentine

This entry is a bit late - I certainly meant to post it earlier. How was your Valentines Day?

Walter and I always enjoy celebrating Valentine’s Day. This time we donned our red sweaters and walked down to The Cheesecake Factory in downtown Seattle for an early dinner. We were surprised to get a table in only 10 minutes.

Once seated we first decided on what to order (pasta carbonara for Walter, spicy Cajun jambalaya for me) then we gave each other our carefully chosen sappy Valentine’s cards.

The food was wonderful (as expected from Cheesecake Factory) and we indulged in some carrot cheesecake for dessert. Yum!

Several people told me they do not celebrate Valentine’s Day because it’s “just a Hallmark holiday.” I say those people missed out on an opportunity to play footsie under the table. We didn’t – miss out. :)

No comments: