Thursday, October 04, 2007

Happy Birthday to Walter

I wanted to take a moment to say Happy Birthday to my sweetie Walter. He had a birthday on Monday. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he said "not to be [his age] years old." Well, I'm sorry, Dear, but I can't make that happen for you. If I could, I surely would. I would even give up the senior citizen discounts we'll be getting soon. ;)

We spent the majority of Walter's birthday in Olympia taking Mom to an appointment and helping her with a few things. When we returned to Seattle we kept driving until we got to Lynnwood and tried out the new Claim Jumper up there. The food was wonderful as we expected but the decor is pretty modern and doesn't quite measure up to the character of the Southcenter Claim Jumper. I got a big plate of jambalaya which left me overstuffed and with enough leftovers that Walter and I shared them for dinner the next evening. Walter had a giant Idaho stuffed baked potato.

For Walter's birthday gift we are planning a trip to North Bend to do some much needed clothes shopping. We always find some good deals up there at the outlet mall. Due to bad weather and extra trips to Olympia we didn't get to go last weekend but we're planning on it this coming Sunday. It should be a good time to enjoy the fall color in the mountains as well.

Walter has been so patient and understanding and supportive while my Mom has been sick. His great attitude has made things so much easier for me. And what a great sport he has been considering his birthday didn't get center stage as much as deserved since my focus has been on Mom.

Happy Birthday, Walter and may you have many decades more birthdays to celebrate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALTER! I had that special date marked on my calendar as well. :-)

Glad you got to enjoy the good eats at Claim Jumper in Lynnwood. That Idaho potato is one of my favorite menu items there as well!!

Have fun clothes shopping this weekend!

Colette