Saturday, March 18, 2006

Been Sick

I had a cold which I thought was all over with about two weeks ago. But there was a little cough that wouldn't leave. Last weekend the little cough turned into a big cough which came along with wheezing. I've had asthma my whole life and know that I am at higher risk after a cold, so fortunately I had inhalers at the ready. I increased the dosage over the next few days until I was maxed out on the recommendations, but still I was barking like a seal and wheezing. Darn!

Each day I hoped it was getting better so I convinced myself that it was. But I wasn't convincing my friends and they instead convinced me to see my doctor yesterday. The doctor added more medications to my regimen and today I really do feel better. Yay! It's a good reminder that breathing is a good thing and one should not take it for granted.

No comments: