Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring Ahead - In Winter??

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!

Twice each year when the time changes I always recall which direction to move my timepieces based on the old sayings "Spring Forward" or "Fall Back". But it occurs to me that we now "Spring Forward" when it's still winter. That seems a little crazy to me. Good thing Walter sets most of our clocks.

I get a little cranky about losing an hour of sleep at this time, but of course in the Fall I love that I get it back.

Many people use this clock setting time to take care of some other twice-annual tasks such as replacing batteries in smoke detectors. Whatever is your tradition I hope you get to bed a little earlier tonight so you will be nice and refreshed tomorrow to accomplish what you need to do. Happy Time Change.

No comments: