Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Walter and I celebrated Thanksgiving with my Mom and my sister Jozi in Olympia today. It would be a bit difficult to transport a full Thanksgiving dinner from Seattle to Olympia and of course my mother doesn't cook any more, so we all went out to eat at J J North's Grand Buffet.

We weren't the only ones who had that idea. The buffet was full of people with some waiting, although the lines were not as long as I've seen them in a past year. We didn't have to wait long (less than 5 minutes). We saw a lot of folks with canes and walkers which makes sense as those people would be less likely to make a big meal at home.

It felt like we were eating with the community instead of just eating alone at home. People were not afraid to talk to each other and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. We enjoyed it. The food was good and we all ate way too much. Here's a cute picture of Jozi and Mom.


I hope each of you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving feast and time spent with family and/or friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: