Sunday, March 30, 2008

Under the Weather

I managed to come down with "the crud" this week. On Monday I felt some twinges like I was getting a sore throat. By Tuesday afternoon my throat was hurting pretty badly. On Wednesday it had progressed to a full on cold with sneezing and coughing.

Thursday I not only had to stay home from work but I even missed my volunteer responsibilities with Debt Clinic. You know I'm sick when I miss Debt Clinic! Fortunately another clinic assistant stepped in for the evening. It's a good thing I didn't try to do it myself - by that evening I was wheezing. I have asthma and whenever I get a cold there's a risk that it will go to my lungs. Sleeping became difficult between the wheezing and coughing.

On Friday I finally went to the doctor and was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis. I still have the sore throat and my doctor found fluid in my ears. She gave me some antibiotics in case it got worse over the weekend and of course inhalers for the wheezing and something for the cough.

I'm feeling better now, almost having the wheezing under control. My cough doesn't sound quite so scary and I can sleep through the night. I think I'm going to be well enough to have the dentist clean my teeth tomorrow. Darn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a picture accompanying your illness report, Carm! One can almost see the germs flying and feel the malaise right along with you!

I've been fending one off since Thursday. It still hasn't hit full force so I'd say I'm winning the fight, yeah!

And on top of that today and tomorrow's pollen count is over 9 on a scale of 1-12. Doesn't help to have that battle on top of the normal health issues does it!

Glad you're in the recovery mode, Carm.

Love,

Colette