Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's a Scorcher

We in Western Washington have been enduring a heat wave. In many places I'm sure this weather would not be unusual. Today is the third day in a row of temperatures over 90 degrees for us. Friday was a record-breaking 95.

Of course our weather in Seattle is normally temperate. This time of year the average high is 76 degrees. Most of the homes in this part of the country do not have air conditioning. I worry about my mother (in her 80's) and wonder how little Elliott is doing in this heat.

I hope any blog readers out there are finding ways to stay cool and comfortable.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Well, now that you ask:

We are keeping cool in our unfurnished basement, and we pulled our metal awnings down on all but one window (there's an occupied bird's nest). It feels seven Fahrenheit degrees cooler.

We've been sleeping above the bedsheets.

How about you -- if things keep up, do you want to meet again at the DQ?

Christina

The Coz said...

Hi Christina! Whew, I'm glad it's gotten a bit cooler, aren't you? My hubby was saying that people with basements would be glad for them in that hot weather. I work weekends and they kept the air on in the office when it was hottest, so I was comfortable most of the time.

As for DQ, I'm always up for that. I'll shoot you an email.

Carm